A Message from the Chairperson of CBSE for Parents
I wonder if you have watched a very sensitively crafted TV commercial these days, where a father is driving his young school going daughter in his car. The daughter is visibly upset and is pulling herself apart in her mind, as she feels that her exams did not go off very well, and she would therefore not rise up to the expectations of her father. The father’s instincts are strong. He gauges what she is going through, and immediately feels bad that he has not made his daughter strong enough to handle the difficulties that may arise in her life suddenly and without a hint. What a powerful message!
It is true that commercials in India often revolve around powerful social messaging. But that alone is not the point here. This example is actually very subtle and a true reflection of changing mind-sets of parents in the 21st century. We sincerely hope that you as a parent understand the need for changing with the times. School education no longer revolves around academic disciplines as the area of focus; in fact, the focus now is on developing a specific skill, that is, a love for learning. As parents, you contribute to your child’s learning growth curve if you fan their curiosity from the time they are toddlers, and encourage them to develop an enquiring mind and be creative as they grow older. This then lays the foundation for developing an innovative nature and entrepreneurship, two of the most crucial 21st century skills for the children of a nation such as ours.
To lead them into become innovators and entrepreneurs, you must recognize the unique potential of your own child, rather than compare with others. Your friend’s child may be good at mathematics and want to become an engineer, but your child may be good at theatre and may want to become a film-maker. The number of possible careers is unlimited, hence the limitations of our minds as parents, must not become the limitations for our children in achieving great heights.
I urge you not to achieve your own aspirations vicariously through your child. I also earnestly request you to empower your child to face life head-on. Like the parent realises in the commercial mentioned above, when we adults face so many ups and downs all through life, why should we expect our children to always be on the upward swing! Therefore, ensure that your child develops that confidence in your rock-solid support, if ever she needs to cope with adverse situations without being disheartened or disillusioned.
With your strong backing, we are sure your child will put in her best in her board exams this year, and not let stress about her future overwhelm her present. Bless your children from our side and wish them good luck for their exams. Meanwhile, here are some things that you need to ensure for your board exam-appearing child:
1. You along with your child must check the location of exam centre at least a day prior to the commencement of the examination. To know correct location, you can use our Exam Center Locator App (available for Android phones).
2. Ensure your child goes to the examination center wearing school uniform only, and carrying school ID card.
3. Your child must reach the examination centre by 9.45 am and definitely before 10.00 am. Please note that entry into the examination center is not permitted after 10.00 AM. To ensure this, your child must leave your residence for examination center keeping in view distance, traffic, VIP Visits in the city, weather conditions, etc.
4. Take care that your child is adequately rested on the day of exams and is taking nutritious food throughout.
5. Check that your child is carrying only - admit card, school Identity Card, Pen, Pencil, Eraser, Scale, Sharpener; all these must be carried in a transparent pouch in which contents are visible from the outside.
6. Make doubly sure that your child is not carrying mobile, wallet, purse, etc to the examination center.
7. Alert your child to follow all instructions given by invigilators, especially those regarding the method of writing Roll Number in Answer Book.
8. Discuss with your child about the consequences of indulging in unfair means or unethical practises during examination, and make them pledge not to do so.
9. Explain to your child and make them commit to not indulge in spreading rumors and not believing in fake videos and messages uploaded on social media.
10. Make your child aware of the constant need to maintain discipline in the examination centre
11. If your child comes under Benchmark Disabilities, then be aware that the Board has made provisions for your child as per circular number No. CBSE/COORD/112233/2019 dated 12th April, 2019
12. If your child is a Diabetic, then be aware that the Board has made provisions for your child as per circular number CBSE/Coord/ASC/112567/2046 dated 21.02.2017 The most important messaging and work that can be done on a child, is within the walls of your own home. That child of yours is watching you and wants to be just like you. Here is wishing you all the best for treading softly, lovingly, carefully, patiently, encouragingly, ethically with your child and for always being the person that you want your child to be!
नेशनल पब्लिक सीनियर सै. स्कूल हनुमानगढ़ जंक्शन सर्व साधरण को सूचित किया है कि अनिवार्य शिक्षा अधिनियम 2009 की अनुपालना में दुर्लब वर्ग एवं असुविधाग्रस्त बालकों के लिए निःशुल्क शिक्षा के लिए इस विद्यालय में नर्सरी कक्षा की कुल निर्धारित 40 सीटों में से 10 सीटे उक्त वर्ग की लिए आरक्षित है । अभिभावक 15 मार्च 2019 तक rte.raj.nic.in पर आँनलाईन आवेदन कर सकते है प्राचार्य श्री अमित कुमार ठाकुर Read more...
स्कूलों-अभिभावकों के लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण निर्देश जारी Read more...